Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Buzzing about Chabon

(photo credit)
Michael Chabon, anyone?  If you didn't already know, this uber-talented, Pulitzer-Prize-winning author has a book being released in September titled Telegraph Avenue.  Emily, at As The Crowe Flies and Reads has joined forces with Harper and is hosting a pre-publication blogger readalong - such a fun idea, don't you think?  (I adore Emily and her blog - not only is she a blast to talk books with, but she's got the best-decorated house on earth, I'm absolutely certain.)

While I'm not joining in the readalong by reading the book, I have been following it and enjoying everyone's thoughts.  The real Telegraph Avenue (not the book) is located in Oakland and Berkeley CA, and is the spot on the globe that Chabon calls home.  Being a NorCal girl myself, and particularly fascinated with books written about an author's hometown, I decided to look into the locale a bit more.  What resulted was a post about home, (Chabon's home in particular,) and a little tour of Telegraph Avenue given by the author himself.

Emily was incredibly kind and allowed me to guest post on her blog.  It's my first time guest-posting, so I'd love it if you'd give it a little look-see.  While you're there, spend a minute browsing her other posts - you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say, leave a comment!