Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New to My Shelf

My last post mentioned my realization that the reason my TBR list never shrinks is because I'm constantly adding to it.  This post is the proof of that statement.  This has been an abnormal month for me--I've bought a lot more books than usual--which prompted me to start writing down the titles that came into my home this month, and in turn prompted me to participate in the Summer Slimdown Challenge.

Of course, many of these books are highly justifiable.  Take, for instance, these Junior Fiction books that I only bought because my 11 year old son was going on a vacation and needed reading material:

3. How to Train Your Dragon Book 4: How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse
4. How to Train Your Dragon Book 5: How to Twist a Dragon's Tale
5. Sweet Farts
6. Cosmic (thanks to the review at SemiColon)

And then there were the books that I had to get for my girls so they wouldn't feel left out (no vacation AND no books? intolerable!)

The Deep: The Extraordinary Creatures of the Abyss7. The Deep: The Extraordinary Creatures of the Abyss
8. Shrek!
9. Girls and Their Horses
10. Curious George Book and CD
11. James and the Giant Peach and CD

Or what about the books that only arrived in my mailbox because they finally became available on PaperbackSwap?

Small Wonder: Essays12. Small Wonder
13. What if Jesus Had Never Been Born?
14. The Quilter's Homecoming
15. Lost In The Woods: A Photographic Fantasy
16. How Much Can a Bare Bear Bear?: What Are Homonyms and Homophones?

Can I really be blamed for books that are specifically for book club, kid's schooling or writing reference?

Interred with Their Bones17. Interred with Their Bones
18. The Moon Singer
19. Write Great Fiction - Dialogue
20. After the Gold Rush: Tarnished Dreams in the Sacramento Valley
21. Rooted in Barbarous Soil: People, Culture, and Community in Gold Rush California

So if you ask me, that greatly narrows down the books that were actually added to my TBR list.  Of course, I still did add these 6, so I'm still behind (although I did read one and am almost done with another...it's not enough!)

Keeping the House: A Novel22. Black Potatoes: The Great Irish Famine, 1845-1850 (-My review-)
23. Native Son
24. The Great Gatsby (Audio)
25. Mere Christianity
26. Keeping the House
27. Paddy's Lament, Ireland 1846-1847: Prelude to Hatred (my birthday gift! yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say, leave a comment!