It's been three weeks since I've finished reading a book. Unfortunately that's not because I'm busy throwing back some impressive chunksters, but because I'm busy running around doing a billion other things. (pout) Still and all, I did read 6 books (which, all things considered, isn't half bad.)
6 Books Read in August: (81 year-to-date)
1 for Book Club:
- A Thousand Acres, Jane Smiley (3.5)
5 for Fun/Challenges:
- One of Ours, Willa Cather (4)
- Lady Windermere's Fan, Oscar Wilde (4)
- Hell and Ohio, Chris Holbrook (4.5) [highly recommended short stories]
- Quiet, Susan Cain (4) [read-along, reviewed here]
- The End of the Affair, Graham Greene (4)
This month I read 4 books of 51 (33 year-to-date) for my various year-long challenges.
- Willa Cather: One of Ours (done!)
- Pulitzer: A Thousand Acres (1 more to go)
- TBR Shelf: Hell and Ohio (6 more to go)
- Back to Classics: Lady Windermere's Fan (2 more to go)
2 Current Reads:
- Moloka'i, Alan Brennert. I'm behind in my book club selections, this one is first up.
- Into the Blue, Robert Goddard. This book club meets soon too, so this book is next.
On My Nightstand:
If you saw my recent post, you wouldn't ask. ;) Seriously though, I'm looking at Redemption Falls and Les Miserables, both for read-alongs that are starting soon.