Friday, January 22, 2010

New-to-me Newbery Books

I had the great pleasure today of visiting a bookstore all by myself--without children along, preventing me from spending as much time as I wished in whichever section of the store I desired. And which section of the bookstore--you may ask--did I decide to spend the majority of my time? Why, the Junior Fiction section of course. My "To-Read" list is so long, that a good quality junior fiction book is often a very satisfying read. And it has the added bonus of being quickly finished, and I am then able to recommend the books to my children.

All 5 of the books I ended up buying today were Newbery Medal (or Honor) books.

1. Rabbit Hill by Robert Lawson
2. Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko
3. Abel's Island by William Steig
4. Whittington by Alan Armstrong
5. Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins

I already finished reading Rabbit Hill, which had delightful drawings and anthropomorphism. Which one next? I'm thinking Criss Cross.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say, leave a comment!