Saturday, April 23, 2016

It's a Readathon Day!

Last October I participated in Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon for the first time and found it to be so rewarding! I wasn't sure my schedule would accommodate the April date, but it turned out that my husband is out of town and it will be the perfect distraction. I've assembled my stack of books, so I'll have plenty of options to choose from.


Most of the junior fiction is pre-reading for my 11yo's reading list next year, and the other stuff is mostly driven by wanting to have a lot of shorter options. Priority is finishing My Brilliant Friend, since I have a book club meeting for that on Monday. In addition to reading, I'm planning on doing some cooking and baking throughout the day.

I started my day with plenty of coffee on the patio, and made myself read 75 pages of My Brilliant Friend before taking a break to make some waffles for my kiddos. I've been listening to Saint Mazie on audio, so even my break was book-filled. Now I'm moving on to some junior fiction before getting through another chunk of Ferrante and then back to audiobook/dinner-cooking.

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend, whether you are fitting in some time to read or not.

It's an incredible day in SoCal - blue skies and cool temps - making
my cat a bit peeved that she is confined to the indoors.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous. I love the readathon, but April is always my busiest month. I was gone from 7AM to 10PM. Not a good day for a readathon. But, I've already got the October date on my calendar.

    Poor kitty! My dd and her husband just moved out and into their own apartment. She took her kitty with her--we miss the cat terribly! She always cuddled with me every morning.

    Here's to a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a crazy day! It ended up being a good readathon for me, though I'm never able to read as much as I think I'll be able to. There's something about mom reading that makes all my kiddos in the mood to chat...maybe I should have readathons more often ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say, leave a comment!