Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Classic's Club Spin List


I love the idea of the Spin List!  I know I'm trying to read by whim, but I've also been wanting to participate more in the The Classics Club.  If you've decided to join in the Classics Club already, this is a great motivation to get another title crossed off your list.  Check out this post to see how it works.  I've put together a list of 20 books from my list that are quite a mixed lot, and I've used the List Randomizer at RANDOM.ORG to mix up my list so I don't go all crazyOCD in choosing how to arrange it.  Still, crossing my fingers the number picked is a good one.  ;)


  1. The Duel, Anton Chekov
  2. The Mayor of Casterbridge, Thomas Hardy
  3. Native Son, Richard Wright
  4. The Kruetzer Sonata and Other Stories, Leo Tolstoy
  5. The Secret Sharer & Other Stories, Joseph Conrad
  6. Cakes and Ale, W.Somerset Maugham
  7. Barchester Towers, Anthony Trollope
  8. Easter Parade, Richard Yates
  9. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Anne Bronte
  10. Eugene Onegin and Other Poems, Alexander Pushkin
  11. Ruth, Elizabeth Gaskell
  12. The Sorrows of Young Werther, Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
  13. Fathers and Sons, Ivan Turgenev
  14. The Beautiful and the Damned, F.Scott Fitzgerald
  15. The Devil's Pool, George Sand
  16. Cold Comfort Farm, Stella Gibbons
  17. The Great Divorce, C.S. Lewis
  18. The Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck
  19. Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe
  20. The Professor's House, Willa Cather

4 comments:

  1. Totally cool! I'm going to go check out the links. I still haven't joined the Classics club....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about this and I'm doing the classics challenge too. I'm so doing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed reading everyone's Spin lists, and now wish I'd taken part myself!

    I saw that #14 won out this morning, so I'll look forward to your thoughts on the Fitzgerald. I loved Gatsby, but I've never managed to read any of his other books. Tender is the Night bored me to tears repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy #14! You've got some challenging reads on your list. Actually I've only read Mayor of Casterbridge -- looks like you've picked a lot of less well-known books by great authors.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say, leave a comment!